Yasss! It’s officially fall and once the Southeast gets it’s crap together and cools off I can finally wear my hoodie and yoga pants: my SAHM uniform as I like to call it. That being said, I am having a hard time believing that September is over. I know this next quarter tends to fly by, but let’s give summer its proper sendoff and celebrate a new season by going through my favorite beauty items of September!
- First up is my new love… I didn’t think anything could top my Physician’s Formula BB Cream for my foundation routine, but alas, I have a new lover. She goes by the name BECCA. The Radiant Skin Satin Finish Foundation is absolutely perfect. I got it in the shade porcelain which is a pinky ivory color. It has a buildable medium coverage and it’s perfection in a bottle. I would say it’s on the more dewy side than satin, but I set it with powder and give it a more matte finish. The best part of this foundation is that I only paid $14.99 for TWO bottles! That would retail at roughly $84. Thank you All Cosmetics Wholesale! (I’m in no way affiliated with them, just showing some love)
- I don’t care what foundation you have, if your skin isn’t in good shape, you’ll have a hard time getting a natural look. Thanks to my fabulous (soon-to-be) sister-in-law, my skin feels and looks better than it ever has. I’ve been using Mary Kay’s TimeWise Microdermabrasion Plus. I will tell you that for the first time in years I feel confident enough to leave the house with no makeup on. My complexion is so clear and smooth I truly feel stunning with a bare face. You can read more about it from the link I provided. Trust me on thisone, it’s freaking amazing!
- Also contributing to my skin’s beautiful glow is my Previse SkinCare Hydromilk. While I will provide a link to their website here, I will tell you that mama did not pay $48 for this. Actually, it came in my BoxyCharm box this month and it is a pleasant surprise. As I creep closer to 30, I’m realizing that good genes will only take me so far and if I want to keep nice skin, I need to hydrate it and protect it from free radicals. This lotion does that.
- My next favorite made the list for a couple reasons. It’s the MAC 135 brush. This is my first (and only) high-end brush and I use it nearly every day. It’s so soft and fluffy and lightly dusts on blush and bronzers for a building effect. How I got this brush is my true favorite. While shopping I excused myself to a quiet dressing room to nurse my son and my husband went up to the MAC counter where I had been shopping. He asked the associate what I was looking for because he wanted to surprise me. The associate thought he was so sweet and thoughtful and I’m sure he was blushing and patting himself on the back. She then rang him up and told him the total would be $45.89. I wish I could’ve seen the look on his face when he had to swipe his card (or otherwise look like an asshole for backing out). I was very surprised and I have to say, it is a beautiful brush and I absolutely love it!
- Speaking of brushes, I must have been living under a rock for the past few years because I had never heard of a Wet Brush before. Gone are the days of bushing my hair until tears rolled down my face (I have insanely long and thick hair). When you get out of the shower and brush your hair, you’re likely to damage it because it is in a delicate state. The best thing to use it a Wet Brush. Dear Lord, it runs through my hair like butter. I really don’t know how I haven’t owned one of these sooner! They make them for kids too! Check it out here.
- My final favorite is not a beauty product, but I had to squeeze it in here anyway. It is the Strawberry Acai Refresher from Starbucks made with light water. That means it is made with less water. The brilliant barista at our local Starbucks thought that light water means the normal drink with a side of a small water…. (face palm). Trust me on this one though, the drink quenches my thirst and has a slightly tart but sweet flavor. I can’t get enough of it!